Beef It Up!
I have participated in many sports, but not football. But, I can appreciate the grace, strength, and pure grit of the Omaha Beef indoor football team. My husband and I had up close and personal seats near midfield when the Omaha Beef went up against the Sioux City Bandits—nice!
We walked into the Civic Center (AKA “The Slaughter House”) 45 minutes before kick-off. The place was buzzing! Or should say ‘sizzling’! The Rump Roasters (that would be the Beef’s male dance team) were working the crowd along with the regular dancers, etc. We bought a couple of t-shirts, dinner, and settle in to watch the game.
WHAT a fun time we had! The Omaha Beef scored on the very first play. From there, we saw a fast paced game with a lot of action and some amazing touchdown catches.
There was never a dull moment. They get kids on the field for fun contests. The half-time show was the Elite Cheer girls from right here in Omaha. They put on an amazing show. There were so many of them, and some of the girls were just little ones! The Rump Roasters routine was my favorite and very funny (click here for some photos of this motley male crew). I have to mention the Prime Dancers, they were wonderful and professional.
The Omaha Beef will accommodate your child’s birthday party at the game. You can go online and request a player/mascot appearance. This organization is interested in making the Omaha Beef experience fun for everyone!
Some fun Facts:
- Celebrating 11 YEARS of Professional Indoor Football in Omaha!!!
- One of the LONGEST RUNNING and most consistent indoor football teams of all time
- Home of the 2009 Mascot of the Year, SIR LOIN!
- The Prime Dancers were selected as the 2009 Dance Team of the Year
- ELEVEN consecutive seasons making the playoffs!
- Current team boasts former players and coaches from the 5-time National Champion University of Nebraska and the 2007 North Central Conference Champion University of Nebraska-Omaha
- The BEEF are always active in the Omaha and surrounding communities, logging over 500 HOURS in community service in 2008: Thanksgiving Turkey Drive, Lydia House Diaper Drive, Open Door Mission Food Drive, and Bleed for the BEEF Blood Drive, just to name a few.
If you have never been to an Omaha Beef game—GO! I enjoyed it so much more than a college or professional football game.
Call: (402) 346-BEEF (2333)
FREE ticket coupon available in ValPak and on www.SpartanCoupons.com
Home Game Schedule
Monday March 29th - Wichita Wild
Saturday May 1st - Bloomington Extreme
Saturday May 22nd - Sioux City Bandits
Saturday June 12th - Colorado Ice
Saturday June 19th - Wichita Wild
(photos courtesy of Calex Photography)