Faith Baptist Church
BRIEF HISTORY OF FAITH BAPTIST CHURCH OF OMAHA, NEBRASKA
Faith Baptist Church was organized and incorporated November 21, 1959, under the leadership of Pastor A. D. Southerland who had begun his ministry with Faith Baptist Church April 19, 1959.
There were 29 charter members present at the organization meeting. The present constitution was adopted in April, 1961.
It was amended January 15, 1986, January 17, 1990, January 21, 2001. and July 29, 2009
Faith Baptist Church was duly recognized as a properly constituted Independent Baptist Church by an examining council called for that purpose June 12, 1961. The Church was received into the fellowship of the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches June 19, 1961. Ground breaking service for the new building was held June 11, 1961, and construction began soon thereafter. The building was erected and occupied for use in 1962. Formal dedication of the building was April 19, 1964.